Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

getting cannot find server dns message in IE6

• Please log in to reply

uncle evil

uncle evil

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Uninstalled software called Ghostsurf.since then always get cannot find server dns message in ie6.aol browser works and downloaded firefox which works.aol tech help had me uninstall and reinstall aol software,as well as adjusting internet options.also ran IE fix from the IE uninstall panel.Any help will be gratfully accepted.please keep in mind i'm VERY new to computing.my operating system is windows me.Thank you.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
open internet explorer, click on "tools" in the menu bar, then go to 'internet options" then the "connections tab", then click on "lan settings"...are any of those check boxes checked?

uncle evil

uncle evil

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yes.under proxy server have faded print in address and port with a check mark in bypass.

uncle evil

uncle evil

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
downloaded opera.opera gets can not connect to proxy server access denied message.Ghost surf homepage says ghostsurf uses proxy. i'm useing aol dial up.hope this helps clarify problem.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yeah...that's the issue that i'm thinking is going on....your PC is stil ltrying to use the ghost surf proxy server (even though you say those settings are greyed out)....let me do some research