Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

install problem

• Please log in to reply

vantheman

vantheman

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi everybody. I am using windows xp sp2. My problem is - I am trying to install HP Image Zone Plus but I keep getting a yellow bar with the writing "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click for options..." When I click there is the statement "Allow blocked content" - when I click on this, nothing happens - the message just reappears. How can I correct this problem so I can load my program? I don't know where to start. Thanks, Van (ps - I forgot to mention that the program is installed on my computer, it is only when I try to access it that I get the above message).

Edited by vantheman, 22 October 2007 - 11:56 AM.

Advertisements

Gabriel1

Gabriel1

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
download mozilla firefox :)

crc

crc

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
You can try to manually set the address to your Allowed addressses of IE , all u have to do is when you get the message go , and copy it (right click , copy) now go to

Tools - Internet Options - Confidential - On the very end Block Pop up's - Settings - and paste here your link , Now close IE and do the routine again !!

vantheman

vantheman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks crc. I cannot right click on the yellow bar message to copy it ( it will no allow). If I go to Tools - Internet Options (there is no Confidential) - then click on Pop Up Blocker Settings - it then opens to "Pop Up Blocker Settings" - Exceptions - Address of Web site to allow. (Since I have no web place to enter because the program is already installled on my computer in the following address: c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin\loading...hp image zone.htm. Also when I click on the yellow bar with the x on it, I get this message "Allowing active content such as script and active x controls can be useful, but active content might also harm your computer. Are you sure you want to let file run active content" I then have the choice of checking Yes or No and I always check the Yes but nothing happens - the yellow bar just stays there. Puzzling isn't it? I've never had this problem before. Thanks for your interest and any other suggestions. Van