Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Script, Restore, Search, MMC problems

• Please log in to reply

robroyxdry

robroyxdry

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is not as much a problem, as it is both an orchid note to gerry, Keith and Fenor and hopefully help to other forum members with a similar problem. I had "Script Error" popping up all over various applications,and locking them up (could only get rid of them by shutting the app down using Task Manager), thinking I might resolve by restoring to an earlier date, tried System Restore only to get a completely blank restore screen; no search capability and sundry other strange problems with various apps. Spent 5 days doing every thing I knew, as well as all over the internet and Microsoft's site and nothing but frustration. In the process of trying something else today I discovered I could not get any of my Control Panel/Administrative Tools applications opened. Arggh something else new. But to use an old cliche, it was a blessing in disguise. In trying to resolve this problem, I found your February 2006 solution for a member who was having a "Device Mgr" problem. I was very impressed with the time and the process expended by gerry, Keith and Fenor, in working through the problem. But what really impressed me and brought joy back to my life, was when I tried the 3 little entry suggestion ("RegSvr32 MSXML.DLL" etc ) that solved his dilemma, ALL of my problems, which I and everyone else thought were unrelated, disappeared. I'm not sure that this will work for others having the same problem as I had, but it is something I would suggest that they try early on. For detailed info, the posting concerned "MMC cannot open file" starting on Feb 14, 2006. I had to register for two reasons. One to let you know that you solved my problems, and two because of the knowledge and patience I saw exhibited. Kudos to all. :)

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts

I had to register for two reasons. One to let you know that you solved my problems, and two because of the knowledge and patience I saw exhibited. Kudos to all. :)

Thanks Rob. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know. Glad our web site helped you out :)

:)

Excal