Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange Virus won't let me use Search or open folders

• Please log in to reply

NateMac

NateMac

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, it was probably about 2 or 3 years ago I was downloading some music/video/image, i dont remember, and had it downloaded into a specific folder on the desktop. A little later I noticed that the computer sent some of the files straight to the recycling bin without prompting or notifying me, so I just removed them from the recycling bin and put them back in their previous folder. This was probably my biggest mistake ever as a computer own. I believe some sort of virus cornered itself in that folder, and now it restarts windows explorer.exe and time I try to delete is,, bring the cursor over the folder, open the folder, or use Search under the start menu. I futally tried geting rid of it, and eventually just gave up, and have been able to work around it until recently, when my brother downloaded WinAntiSpyware on accident. Now because of the old virus, I can't get around it to delete WinAntiSpyware which has been driving my family insane with adult pop-up adds and slowing dow our Internet explorer. So if anyone has any idea how to get rid of either of these problems, please please please help in any way you can.

Edited by NateMac, 22 October 2007 - 08:50 PM.

Advertisements