Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Overheating- Help!

• Please log in to reply

rp07

rp07

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi

My computer has started getting heated up quite frequently.The fans are overworked as they are going off every 10 minutes.

The task manager seems to show 100% CPU usage within 5 minutes of starting computer.fssm32.exe and iexplore.exe seems to be clocking up the highest figures.

My computer has slowed down quite a bit and takes ages to open up a window.I have tried removing unnecessary programs and have even tried to be selective with start up programs. But it doesnt seem to have helped.

If I play a game like Caeser, my computer goes absolutely haywire...!!! The fans jusssst dont stop.

Details of my comp are as follows:-
I use XP, comp is a Compaq Intel Pentium 4 CPU
2.93 Ghz
512 MB RAM, 260 GB Hard Drive

Can you please suggest and advise what can I do to resolve the situation.

:)

Thanks

Recha

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi rp07!

With the symptoms you have described, and the fssm32.exe process (F-Secure anti-virus), I strongly recommend you go to the malware forum and get professional help. It sounds like you have something nasty on your system which is eating resources.

First, follow all the instructions in this link. The last instruction is how to post your log. Once you have been certified clean by the helper, if your problem still occurs, then please return here and we will pursue other troubleshooting options.

Please be patient, as the malware forum is very busy. Do not "bump" your own thread. If you have no reply for three days, then post in the Waiting Room - link is in my signature.

Cheers :)