Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Saving/transferring Macros

• Please log in to reply

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
I use Office 2007 on my Windows XP SP2 machine. I just discovered the wonderful world of macros in Excel and have been created a bunch of them to make my life easier.

Is there anyway, however, that I can:

1. Save my Macros to an external file? So that, in case of a hard drive failure or some other computer problem, I can easily reimport them?

2. Transfer my macros to another computer? I guess this question is similar to my first one. But I'd like to know if there's a way I can transfer the macros created on my work computer to my home computer, so I don't have to go through the process of recreating them at home. Both computers run the same versions of OS and Office.

thanks,
mike.

Advertisements

diggeryo

diggeryo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Again, to answer my own question...

According to my understanding, in Windows XP, Excel 2007 saves the Personal Macro file to:

C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

So if you back up that file or transfer it between computers, you're good to go.