Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with watching videos on youtube and other sites

• Please log in to reply

dookie270

dookie270

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi everyone i have had a problem with watching videos on youtube. I click to watch a video and the place where the video would normally be is replaced with "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player." I've installed the latest flash player and i've made sure my javascript is turned on and it still wont work. What is wrong? Btw im using firefox

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
This is a total stab in the dark, but have you tried running it in IE?

Also, you may clear out your cache. In firefox, go to tools>.options>>privacy>>>cache. Clear it out. Close the browser window and try again. Also, you may run ATF as well.

The instructions are below:

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 onlyDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

dookie270

dookie270

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I'll try those other things but yes i did try it in IE and had the same exact problem

dookie270

dookie270

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Tried clearing the cache and running that ATP program..neither worked :)

dookie270

dookie270

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Actually i just realized i can watch videos, but it seems like just not on youtube. I can watch embedded videos in myspace and facebook profiles and the like.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I don't watch youtube but that is odd. Can you watch videos online or just home videos? There may be something set in your security level. have you tried adjusting that?

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
just to tell ya'll when that happened to me i downloaded the latest java program from HERE and all the youtube videos worked. Give it a try!

dookie270

dookie270

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

I don't watch youtube but that is odd. Can you watch videos online or just home videos? There may be something set in your security level. have you tried adjusting that?

well i tried searching videos on google and watching them..now when i clicked the link to bring up the youtube frame with the video it said the same thing but when i clicked the link that said "watch video here" a video box would pop up under the link and would let me watch the video

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
So, you can watch it but it just takes that extra step, right?

dookie270

dookie270

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Yeah like if i wanted to watch a music video...if i typed it in on youtube.com and clicked what came up it wouldn't work. If i went to google and typed it in i could watch it if i clicked the link underneath it "watch video here". Whats weird is now i can watch videos normally on youtube and im not sure how i fixed it or how the computer fixed it or whatever. Firefox just updated this morning though for me maybe it was that.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
may a;ways be a mystery. lol. glad it is working now.