Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Loading IE web pages

• Please log in to reply

csidann

csidann

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi,

I seem to be having a problem with my internet that is not allowing many of my web pages to be loaded. When I try to load a site the browser can't find some of the advertisements that are supposed to load on that page. I then get the "Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage" which immediately makes me go to the Dell search page saying "Sorry, couldn't find (web address of advertisement), here are some related links..." I think I must be missing some kind of add-on or something that doesn't allow for the advertisement to load. If anyone knows anything about this or knows how to fix it I would really appreciate it.

Advertisements

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Sounds like this could be a malware issue. Have you had your computer checked recently? Are you getting any other things like pop ups? Does this Happen on all websites? What websites is this happing on? What happens if you use another browser like IE, Opera? I would suggest that you go and let one of the malware guys check you out go here

Hope this helps

Tom

Edited by Hawaiantom, 23 October 2007 - 08:51 PM.

csidann

csidann

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I had a virus recently removed from my computer and am not sure if that has anything to do with it. I am not getting any pop-ups right now and it doesn't happen on all websites. Some of the most prominent ones include 9news.com, espn.com, and yahoo.com. At this point I don't have any other browsers so have not tried to see if it is just my IE browser right now. I will definitely send this message over to the malware guys and see if they can help me. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.