Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing Desktop icon from Quicklaunch toolbar

• Please log in to reply

fortuitous

fortuitous

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
hi there,
i have a problem with my computer, in that my desktop button ( the one which minimises all of the open windows) has dissapeared form th quick launch toolbar. is there an easy way to get this back please? many many thanks in advance.

Rob

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You might want to check first that the icon you think is missing may only be 'hidden' because the quick-launch bar is not wide enough. What you need to do is widen it to accommodate all the icons. Right-click an empty part of the taskbar and uncheck "lock the taskbar". You should now see a vertical line on the right-hand edge of the quick-launch area. Drag it further to the right with the mouse until any hidden icons appear. Lock the taskbar again when you've finished.

fortuitous

fortuitous

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
hi there, i have tried that, but there are no more icons on the quicklaunch toolbar, threes only the internet explorer one. it has probrably been deleted i imagine, so is there any actual way to get this back? many thanks again

Rob

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Happens all the time. This explains the simple method to get it back:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/190355

mars9339

mars9339

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i am missing my tab for background cant apply or change to new background

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
OK. This time. But in the future, mars9339, please start your own new topic rather than jumping into one that someone else started, OK? It makes it just too confusing. Moderators sometimes get involved.

Kelly's Korner #128, right side: http://www.kellys-ko...m/xp_tweaks.htm