Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Error 117: Norton Partition Magic v8.0

• Please log in to reply

dudefromjapan

dudefromjapan

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I'm trying to solve the error 117 issue. I can't really create a rescue diskette because my computer doesn't have a floppy drive. What should I do?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Error 117 with Partition Magic can also refer to an invalid partition table (where the partitions were not set up with Windows Setup/Administrative Tools), running this program in Windows at a DOS prompt, a damaged or corrupt partition, trying to make a FAT32 partition bigger than 32Gb, or even a physical issue with the hard drive itself.

dudefromjapan

dudefromjapan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanks for the reply. How should I try to isolate the problem?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Clone the drive, see if the error occurs on the new one. If not, may suggest issue with original drive. Programs such as Norton Ghost can clone hard drives.