Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash player won't play

• Please log in to reply

malwarekiller

malwarekiller

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I don't know exactly where to put this topic so I just stuck it here, please redirect if I'm in the wrong forum. :)

I keep getting a message at myspace video section or youtube saying that I either have Java turned off or need to upgrade to a new version of flash. I have been looking for a solution by googling but haven't figured it out yet. I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times. I checked that SpywareBlaster doesn't have that box checked to block it, I don't know what to do anymore. It's starting to really frustrate me. Help!

Advertisements

kid091

kid091

• Pip
  • 1 posts
go to the flash site and locate there un-installer for the flash download and run reboot
and go back to the site and let it re-install then try it

malwarekiller

malwarekiller

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks but, I've done that, several times, and I still get those messages. Printed out the instructions and followed them.

bruceb3

bruceb3

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Are you by any chance using a different browser than Internet Explorer? I've been having the same problem and I use Netscape. One of the replies to my question about Flash blocking plug-ins was answered by someone saying what settings to check in the "Advanced" tab in Tools in Internet Explorer. Just for the heck of it, I started IE and went to www.cnn.com which is where I couldn't get videos to play with Netscape. Lo and behold, the videos play perfectly! What do you want to bet that it was one of Microsofts updates that screwed up Flash videos playing in Netscape? I know that sounds paranoid, but when I think about it, it was soon after manually running Microsoft updates that I couldn't play Flash videos in Netscape. Coincidence?

malwarekiller

malwarekiller

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I use Mozilla Firefox and AOL's for email, it appears the problem is with youtube. Still doesn't explain why myspace does it which it was weeks before youtube did.

Read here:
http://youtubestatus...ipt-turned.html

and here:
http://answers.yahoo...24073313AACZU1h

and here:
http://www.adobe.com...p;enterthread=y