Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to get sound around a big room

• Please log in to reply

Tom07

Tom07

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
I'm attending a banquet in a couple weeks, and I am encharge of the slides show and music.

There will be close to 100 attending.

I would like to advice on the best way to get the sound out, I have a projector that will run from the PC, but I'm just worried about sound.

Thanks

Advertisements

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
What type of speakers, amps, etc do you have access to. How big is room? If this is a very important function where you want to ensure sound is heard a small portable pa system would be best. Two speakers on tripod with amp and proper cords to connect to the computer. I would look for speakers 10-12" with tripods. These can be rented for very good price from a local audio/music dealer.
A lot depends on room size and background noise. Is this a business presentation or social event? Best way to achieve a good sound mix is to have someone stand in area of room where most guests will be located and mix sound for that area, then check other areas to ensure a good mix.

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 24 October 2007 - 06:34 PM.

Tom07

Tom07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I haven't seen the room, but sits big enough for 100 people. It will be at a Sporting banquet, and will be at a pizza place.

Thanks,
Tom

Edited by Tom07, 24 October 2007 - 06:34 PM.

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Probably best bet would be to check with a local audio store/music store, unless you have access to small portable pa system. Local American Legions, schools, and halls may also have one if you know the right people. I would expect you could rent a small system for about 40-50 per day if you looked around. Just let person know how you want to hook up projector and computer. A roll of duct tape is handy for protecting people from tripping over cords. Many years running sound for bands and playing in bands.

Best of luck

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 24 October 2007 - 06:39 PM.

Tom07

Tom07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
You wouldn't know any links to what it might look like? There are couple places here that lets you rent things.

Edited by Tom07, 24 October 2007 - 06:44 PM.

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Not the best picture in world but here is a quick link

http://images.google...htt...l=en&sa=N

http://www.samedaymu...t...4&cat2=2746

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 24 October 2007 - 06:51 PM.

Tom07

Tom07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Great thank you