Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HELP! FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2004

• Please log in to reply

PAULJETS

PAULJETS

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ever since I went to a website and added a plane to my aircraft folder, my flight simulator won't work. I copied and pasted the airlpane into the aircraft folder, as instructed. Now the game will not load all I get are like 10 error messages. I have tryed reinstalling the game, and deleting files nothing works! HELP

Advertisements

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
your game might not work if you still have some game files not manually deleted such as the configuration game files. so try doing this

1. Delete the game.
2. Go to the folder where the game was installed and delete the folder as well and the entire contents in the folder.
3. Clean up your registry which will clean up your deleted flight simulator registry files. (you can download and use CCleaner) CCleaner is free and make sure you download the latest one from the link i gave you. P.S. You do not have to pay for it it is free.)

try this and tell me what happens

Edited by spoon007, 25 October 2007 - 05:14 AM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

3. Clean up your registry which will clean up your deleted flight simulator registry files. (you can download and use CCleaner) CCleaner is free and make sure you download the latest one from the link i gave you. P.S. You do not have to pay for it it is free.)

Please do not touch your registry, unless you know what your doing you can cause serious harm to your computer. Also fixing registry entries will not fix this problem.
James

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Your best bet would be to uninstall flight simulator then reinstall. You have to be careful when doing the add-ons most sites will tell you step by step how to add aircraft, skins, airports, etc. You also have to be careful that you are adding the proper add-ons which support your version of flight simulator. I always use trusted sites when grabbing some extras for my MS Flight.

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Here are some links to my favorite flight sim sites:

http://www.simviation.com/menu.html

http://www.fspilotsh...CFSasGgodPUq5Sg

http://cougar.frugalsworld.com/

There are many great sites listed within these links to explore a wealth of information for the truely hardcore flight sim fan.

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
oh sorry james i didn't know...but just to tell you one of my friends said that some games may not work if the registries for those games are still installed and corrupted. it it true?

also if anything goes wrong in the registry when a person uses CCleaner to fix it CCleaner offers a chance to backup your registry before fixing it so if anything happens...just click on the registry backups and it goes back to normal. so it that still bad to fix the registry? just asking...???

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Hello Pauljets,

Sorry I didnt notice in your first post about your reinstall problem. You mentioned errors can you post back the errors you receive and circumstances or any more details. Thanks!

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 26 October 2007 - 04:24 AM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

oh sorry james i didn't know...but just to tell you one of my friends said that some games may not work if the registries for those games are still installed and corrupted. it it true?

also if anything goes wrong in the registry when a person uses CCleaner to fix it CCleaner offers a chance to backup your registry before fixing it so if anything happens...just click on the registry backups and it goes back to normal. so it that still bad to fix the registry? just asking...???

I have never needed to result to adjusting anything in the registry when a install went bad, and highly doubt you'd ever need to. The registry is no a place to fool around and unless you know what your doing, you can and likely will do serious harm to your computer.

Basically what is happening here, or what it sound like, is that the uninstall tool for the game is not uninstalling the corrupted aircraft file as there are no instructions for it to do so.
-What you need to do is uninstall the game, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
-Next delete the folder for this game (probably called Flight Simulator 2004) under my program files,
-If this aircraft folder is not under the program files folder, then remove it as well.
James

Edited by james_8970, 26 October 2007 - 08:26 AM.