Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I need help Scanning forms and making them editable

• Please log in to reply

cornfield25

cornfield25

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am trying to scan this form I use at work into the computer so I can fill it out electronically. But can not find a program that lets me fill in the form after I scan it to the computer. Does anyone know what program I need to use. Thanks in advance.

Chris

Edited by cornfield25, 25 October 2007 - 12:23 AM.

Advertisements

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Hello Cornfield25.

There are many software vendors who provide good OCR software. I have inserted a link which inludes several freeware apps along with demo apps. See link below

http://www.download....t...re&tag=srch

Its been long while since I had need for OCR software but the ones I have used let you edit with their own software, word, adobe, and several other programs these days.

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 25 October 2007 - 01:44 AM.

cornfield25

cornfield25

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried those to see if I could add text to my scanned document and couldnt get any of them to do what I needed them to do. Prob cause of me not knowing what to do. Is there any program someone uses that is easy and straight forward.

Chris