Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two Xbox360s one internet connection

• Please log in to reply

johnnygb

johnnygb

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello,

I've looked at other sites trying to get some advice on how to connect two xbox360s to a single internet connection but everything that I have read has managed to confuse me.

At the moment I have one 360 connected up so I can access xbox live (via ethernet cable direct from the modem to the back of the box) but I want to set-up another box in another room next to my pc (it is connected to the internet wirelessly).

Ultimately what I'm trying to achieve is:-

1) In one room sign onto xbox live with my own account

while

2) in the other room my mate can sign in to xbox live with his account

and

3) we can then either play the same game or different ones.

Any help/advice gratefully received.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

but I want to set-up another box in another room next to my pc (it is connected to the internet wirelessly).

so do you have a wireless router or does your modem have a wireless router built in?

how many ethernet ports are on the modem? just the one or multiples?

if there are multiples you could either run a cable into the other room and hook it up that way...or you can get one of these gadgets.....it's a wireless adapter for your XBox

johnnygb

johnnygb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello,

I have a wireless router and I'm pretty sure that there are multiple points at the back of it. What would be the best type of cable to connect the router to the xbox?

Thanks

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that would be an ethernet cable if you want to do it wired

johnnygb

johnnygb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your help.

axesever

axesever

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

but I want to set-up another box in another room next to my pc (it is connected to the internet wirelessly).

so do you have a wireless router or does your modem have a wireless router built in?

how many ethernet ports are on the modem? just the one or multiples?

if there are multiples you could either run a cable into the other room and hook it up that way...or you can get one of these gadgets.....it's a wireless adapter for your XBox

lol, silly rabit trix are for kids! (You linked an Xbox wireless adapter, he needs a Xbox 360 adapter)

Here fella:
http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B000B6MLV4

(What I dont get is why the Xbox one is more expensive than the newer 360 one?)

Edited by axesever, 09 February 2008 - 08:56 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

(What I dont get is why the Xbox one is more expensive than the newer 360 one?)

probably demand....who's buying the ones for the regular xbox nowadays? probably nobody...