Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Error message on startup

• Please log in to reply

Rhionin

Rhionin

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
After accidentally uninstalling my Sigmatel audio driver, I set my computer to the system restore point the day before. The sound worked again fine, but now every time I load up I get the following error.

INTELAUDIOSTUDIO
The sonic focus preset file was not found (PRESET1.SFB)

Obviously, this has to do with Intel Audio Studio. I've looked up this exact error online and can't find any solution. I've tried to reinstall IAS but the download section at the home page has a whole lot of different versions meant for a specific motherboard, it seems. The tool they list at the bottom to find out your own model doesn't work, so I'm at a loss...help?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
Download Everest from this link :
http://www.majorgeek...wnload4181.html

Run everest then click on the Report menu. Select Report Wizard, then select Hardware Related pages. Create the report as a TXT file (if this option is available). When its finished compiling, save the report & then attach it with your next post.:

Rhionin

Rhionin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Done

Attached Files

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

Done

OMG. I think I just had a seizure trying to read that. I would save it as HTML next time. :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP

Motherboard:
CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium D 820, 2800 MHz (14 x 200)
Motherboard Name Intel Cortez D945GCZ / Sorento D945GNT / Tappen D945GTP
Motherboard Chipset Intel Lakeport-G i945G

there's your MOBO info...but i also see that this is a gateway....maybe you should go to the gateway website and download the drivers there?

also...this is the audio controller info

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1]

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP

Done

OMG. I think I just had a seizure trying to read that. I would save it as HTML next time. :)

you've got to download the text file and save it to your computer for it to be readable (the instructions for saving the report in text always seems easier to me)

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

Done

you've got to download the text file and save it to your computer for it to be readable (the instructions for saving the report in text always seems easier to me)

Ahh. It's been awhile since I've had to ask someone to post an Everest Log. Thanks for the 4-1-1 :)

Rhionin

Rhionin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Well, that didn't seem to do the trick.
After reinstalling the driver, the error still occurs. Now I'm at a loss, seeing how I can't remove IAS from the control panel. Might I be able to just locate this PRESET1.SFB file online and put it back where it goes?

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello Rhionin,

How did you go about uninstalling and reinstalling the driver?

Rhionin

Rhionin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
http://downloadcente.....mp;submit=Go!

I clicked on download link 6 and installed that. According to the Intel Audio Studio section of the Intel website located below, IAS is included with my audio driver, which is referenced above

http://www.intel.com...as/download.htm

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Sometimes drivers are proprietary. What is the Make and model of your Gateway.

Rhionin

Rhionin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Gateway GT5263E.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Rhionin,

I would go to the link below

http://support.gatew...nter.asp?Tab=My

Download the driver for your audio and then install that.

Rhionin

Rhionin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Fixed! I tried downloading the audio driver from there once before, but this time I downloaded the HD audio driver (which I forgot about) and that did the trick. Thanks!

Andres LTQ

Andres LTQ

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Fixed! I tried downloading the audio driver from there once before, but this time I downloaded the HD audio driver (which I forgot about) and that did the trick. Thanks!

Hi there:
I have the same problem. Can you tell me the name of the file to download to fix it? I can´t get to that page but I'd try downloading it from any other free site. The mother is an Intel D945GTN but the problem is exactly the same, so I supose I need the same file. The one I downloaded from Intel didn´t work.
Thanks!
Andres.-