Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DistributedCOM Event ID 10010 Error

• Please log in to reply

Sisters

Sisters

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a new Gateway Notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium (2 weeks old). It seems to be working okay and I am doing setup stuff and learning about Windows Vista. But now I am getting the following error at startup time, but then all seems to work okay when the startup finishes. I found the message below in the System event log. When I start my system, I see a DOS command window that says "Access is denied" a few times. I have searched the internet and it seems most talk about how to edit the register for other operating systems. Anyone had this problem on Vista and any suggestions?

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
Date: 10/25/2007 8:47:48 AM
Event ID: 10010
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A

Description:
The server {C7E39D60-7A9F-42BF-ABB1-03DC0FA4F493} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Thank, Jan
P.S. brand new to Geekstogo.....

Advertisements

Sisters

Sisters

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I had an opportunity to discuss this with a man in The Geek Squad where I purchased my laptop because I had a scroll pad question/problem to ask them about. He removed a startup program running. It was called auditadmin (a Windows Command Script) and was found in C:\Windows\OPTIONS\. How it got in my startup, I don't know. It was trying to write an entry in the Registry and was being denied. Once he removed this Command Script from the startup, the error went away.

He found and removed the startup program so fast, other than remembering the program he removed, I could not see where he looked to find it. It was not in the place I had looked, which was in Control Panel, System Maintenance, Performance and Information Tools, Manage Startup Programs. Does anyone know where/how he found that, outside of that Control Panel tool? It looked like he was just in Windows Explorer, but I don't know where he went. It would be nice to know that in the future. If anyone can help with that, it would be good to know.

Otherwise, I am good for now with that error, and I did not have to edit the registry or anything major like that. Just FYI in case anyone else gets this error.

Thanks.

Jan

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello Sisters,

Glad you got the problem fixed. He probably knew about the issue so he knew where to look.