Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Drivers: Unavailable?

• Please log in to reply

azuca138753

azuca138753

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello. Let me establish my computer specs first to speed up the process:

Lenovo Laptop 3200 C200
TYPE = 8922
OS = Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Intel® Celeron® M CPU 420 @ 1.60GHz

I'm having issues with my video drivers and graphics card. I have read thread after thread after thread, but I have been unable to find an answer that solves my problem. For several days now I have been unable to play any games or use initiate any program that exercises the graphics card heavily. This includes online multiplayer RPG's, modern CD-ROM games...nothing. I've pretty much downloaded every driver that I could find for my computer but none of them seem to be working. Under my display settings in the adapters tab it says 'unavailable' for my chip type, DAC type, memory size, adapter string, and BIOS information. It also tells me that my service is 'vgaSave' and my hardware manager tells me that I am using a 'video controller (VGA compatible)'. I also made a little trip to Lenovo's website and downloaded every driver for my computer that I could find, but all in vain. Please, can you help me?? I am getting desperate and am running out of ideas...

Thank you

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

I believe the video card in your laptop is an Intel 945GM. There is an Intel video driver (XP) available for the 3200 C200 laptop on Lenovo's website. Did you download & install this driver?

Link to this driver if you want to check is below:
http://www-307.ibm.c...ocid=MIGR-63563