Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Lenovo Thinkpad T60 Heats Up During Use

• Please log in to reply

gueixiou

gueixiou

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Lately my laptop has begun to heat up by the time the OS has loaded. On the left side of hte laptop there is a grille-like opening and that area is so hot that I can't even really touch it. This hasn't really been much of a problem so far but lately sometimes my computer will automatically go on Standby mode and I'm not sure if it's related to the heat or not.

Should I just buy a cooling pad or is there a better solution?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Make sure the grill is not blocked with dust and debris. If you have a vacuum cleaner with a plastic or brush attachment use that to clean the grill as well as checking the underside or other edges for grills that may be blocked. Also, to allow air to circulate underneath it should be used on a hard, flat surface. Not on a cushion or on your lap (despite it being called a laptop, our laps do not allow air to circulate underneath it and should be avoided).

Edited by pip22, 26 October 2007 - 03:07 AM.