Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Fable: The Lost Chapters - Error

• Please log in to reply

strikermed

strikermed

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
I started up Fable and encountered an error from windows.... C:\DOCUME~1\Eric\LOCALS~1\Temp\fa2_appcompat.txt ... I uninstalled the game and reinstalled. The same thing came up. I'm now attempting to uninstall and then delete the program files folder and reinstall, but I'm bettign the same thing will happen... I'm wondering what the problem is, and why it is happening. II havn't played this game in almost a year and I have installed windows updates since then, and a variety of other things... Can anyone tell me how to fix it.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
appcompat.txt is a file created when a problem has occured and is sending off an error report to microsoft. I think we should clean out your temp files for starters.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 onlyDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

strikermed

strikermed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
I tried that, and it didn't fix the problem...

Here is the error signature: AppName: fable.exe AppVer: 25.7.13.149 ModName: openal32.dll
ModVer: 5.12.1.520 Offset: 0001062c

dasinmd

dasinmd

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I tried that, and it didn't fix the problem...

Here is the error signature: AppName: fable.exe AppVer: 25.7.13.149 ModName: openal32.dll
ModVer: 5.12.1.520 Offset: 0001062c

Hello Strikermed,

Had the same problem. Downloaded a driver fix from Creative, installed it, problem solved...

Page Link: http://developer.cre...t...p=38&aid=46
File Link: http://developer.cre...ile=oalinst.exe