Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook 2003 setup

• Please log in to reply

bigfastf150

bigfastf150

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. On the domain at work I have set up desktop redirection and folder redirection so whenever a user goes to a different computer their documents and their desktop travel with them. What I'd like to do is find out if there's a way I can set up something that would make their exchange settings in Outlook go with them so I don't have to set up their mailbox on every computer.

If it helps, I've created a .PRF file that should work for the account settings. I just need to know how to get outlook to import that when a user launches Outlook for the first time and there's no profile for them. Some type of login script or batch file maybe?

Edited by bigfastf150, 26 October 2007 - 09:05 AM.

Advertisements

SEOvivian

SEOvivian

• Pip
  • 1 posts
please!!!
someone who can help us!! i've never could setup the outlook either.
I have it at the office but not at home and i really need it!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i'm not sure h ow to do it manually...but i use a product called "desktop authority" by scriptlogic...it's basically a scripting engine that allows you to create logon scripts that can do just about anything you'd ever want to do in a windows domain (map drives, connect printers, all kinds of stuff)...and they have an outlook section where you can set all of that stuff up automatically at logon...

mine will connect outlook to the user's account, then create and connect a PST file for them to use as mail storage....all without me touching anything

bigfastf150

bigfastf150

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Ah thanks. I managed to find a script on a website, scriptinganswers.com if I remember correctly. It does exactly what I need. It checks for an Outlook profile at logon, if it finds one it stops. If it doesn't find one then it copies the .PRF file from the netlogon folder and sets up Outlook. Then it writes a key to the registry (I believe) for the script to tell whether it's been run or not.