Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

McAfee 7.0

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Here is my problem,

Privacy Service - McAfee Security Center 9.2.134
Problem: Service(s) not running.

I use the MVT to try to fix the problem, which it never has, in the problem log I recieve a error that reads:

In the problem log, it shows a error in the privacy service.
- Expected service state incorrect
- Expected : running
- Existing : stopped
mps C:\Progra~1\McAfee\MPS\mps.exe

Also some components are missing.

Some components are missing. Please reinstall McAfee virusscan.
Some components are missing. Please reinstall McAfee SecurityCenter.
Some components are missing. Please reinstall McAfee Privacy Service.

I have used Microsoft to scan my computer for viruses and malware and my machine is clean.

I also cleaned the registry, and used a exe file from McAfee to unistall the program.
I was using McAfee 6.0 (I believe) and lastweek it wanted to do a upgrade to 7.0. That is when all my problems started.

I have downloaded from my Mcafee Dell account and reinstalled it several times. It installs fine, but the services just never seem to get started, the security center says I am protected until McAfee startes to download the updates.

Please can anyone the straight on what is going on, or suggestions on what to do. I have been on the phone with McAfee and I am going nowhere.

Thanks for any replies

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,585 posts
what you can do is download the dat updates and apply it manually. all you need is the current dat exe file and just run it on your pc.
They can be obtained here