Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem gaming

• Please log in to reply

Anton1382

Anton1382

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Hi, my friend is complaining to me about a problem he has with his computer. He says that whenever he games, it gets very laggy. I don't know what to do so I would like some advice.

His system's specs.
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Pentium D 3GHz
2GB Corsair Valueselect(4x 512mb) @533MHz
Gigabyte GA-81945P-G ATX Socket 775 motherboard
EVGA nVidia GeForce 8800GTS 320MB
Creative Audigy 2 ZS soundcard
250GB Hard drive @7200RPM
NZXT Guardian Gaming Case
ULTRA X2 550-WATT Powersupply with built in LEDs
Razer Copperhead mouse
Zboard MERC keyboard

He also tells me that his computer freezes and maked a loud beep noise, not many beeps just one long beep. He also has told me that sometimes his mouse and keyboard stop working.

HELP!!

Edited by Anton1382, 26 October 2007 - 03:39 PM.

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
He may be overheating. Tell him to take the door off the side of it and have a fan blow into it. Then have him start gaming again. If this solves the problem post back and I can give you some cooling suggestions.

Anton1382

Anton1382

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Ok, this is what he told me, he vacuumed out his whole computer. Then he used concentrated air on the CPU cooler, the Power Supply fan, the Graphics card fan, and the computer fans. He started to game again and he said it worked fine until about 10 minutes into the game. He said that it started to lag on and off.

Edited by Anton1382, 26 October 2007 - 06:00 PM.

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Did he try taking off the side panel and blowing a fan into it?