Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Belkin 125MB G+

• Please log in to reply

I love my vans

I love my vans

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Hello All

Here is the situation, I am first in the UK of that helps. I have a Belkin G+ 125 router in my front room, I have 2 machines connected wirelessly and that is my PC and a Server, I know it would be better to have a Cat5E connection for my server but there we go. I was under the impression that because I have all Belkin wireless kit (G+ 125) that the coverage and more importantly the speed would be increased. The issue is my server (for videos etc) is about 5 metres away from the router, has to pass through a basic wall and the connection is on 'Low / 18Mbps'.

Is there a setting I need to change on the wireless card drivers for the server to enable high speed (125 rather than 54).

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Try changing the wireless channel used by the router as another wireless setup nearby could be using the same channel which leads to a reduction in wireless performance.

I love my vans

I love my vans

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Good point, I am assuming I am using (the default) channel 11.

Would i need to change this setting in both the router and adapters?