Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Getting Video Drivers up to speed

• Please log in to reply

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Try Speedfan. Myself I normally crack the case and have a feel inside but that's just me. :)

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
That's normally what I do also, and the graphics card does feel quite warm, but I if it was abnormally warm I don't have a correct temp card to compare it to, so that's why I was looking for some hard data, and I'll make sure to run Speedfan.
I think the problem has to do with Direct3D specifically though, since like I mentioned previous the Direct 3D test was rendering the cube that is supposed to be spinning way too quickly. The cube was spinning so quickly that the image was completely warped. I was going to take video by using Fraps, but my copy of that was lost so I'll have to re-download it.