Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AIM 6.5

• Please log in to reply

hornet_hockey

hornet_hockey

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Is there any way you guys know of that I can install rhe newest version of AIM directly to my pendrive? I can do it with previous versions of AIM by extracting the files directly to the pen drive, but the newest version tries to install itsef directly on my computer, which I can't do because I don't have enough privlages. Anyone know if this is possible?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Just out of interest, why do you want to install onto your pen drive? And not enough privileges? Is this a work/school environment?

hornet_hockey

hornet_hockey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Yeah, you could say that. I'm kind of in a unique situation, and this might reveal my secret identy but I'll risk it. Because of my disability (its a long story), but because of that the school district (not my home school district, another one) issued me a laptop, an HP Compaq nc- whatever). Anyways, here's where the issues start. I origianally didnt have very many access pivlages, but then I gained them because my computer has NO security and I was going to install some. Then, for some reason, they took the acsess away, reimaged the computer and its back to being unprotected. I cant install anything on my computer.

So, to compinsate for this I carry around two 2 gig pen drives, loaded down with anti - virus software and anything else I might need. Everything's loaded directly on to my pendrives and can run on any computer. Is that what you wanted to know? :)