Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sony be darned!

• Please log in to reply

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

"The connected ATRAC Audio Device must be initialized to be used with the currently installed SonicStage."

I get this when I plug my MP3 in (I don't have an iPod, okay? I don't! Shut up!!) and try to transfer some music. It's not working very well. Can someone tell me how to solve, fix, or otherwise get rid of this problem without destroying my MP3 player?

Edited by starjax, 27 October 2007 - 05:44 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
first what mp3 player do you have?

you can also get sonic stage here: http://musicstore.co...?checkBos=false

Edited by starjax, 27 October 2007 - 05:44 PM.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
The point is I have SonicStage, but it refuses to work. Where can I find what MP3 I have? It's blue and it's shaped like a cigarette lighter.

Posted Image

P.S. That one isn't mine, I found it on the Internet but it's exactly the same in every way but color.

Edited by Fredil Yupigo, 27 October 2007 - 06:16 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
What you have to do is 'kill' the following:

omgjbox.exe
ssaad.exe
ssdbconnection.exe
ssscsisv.exe.

Then in your SonicStage folder (windows explorer) double-click on omg1t2. Then when that has finished (might say something about DB already converted) log out (or reboot). It will now work.

If the same thing happens just repeat the above steps.

Obtained from here: http://forums.minidi...php/t10823.html

seems the current sonicstage 3.3 is "buggy" just from the number of users with this error message.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Hahaha I found that forum too. I tried it, didn't work :)

WhatNow?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
http://ca.answers.ya...17181006AAcyl2z

note that he said that you will probably end up formating the mp3 player in order to use it again. This means you will loose the info that is stored on it. You might get lucky and get the sonicstage backup to work.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
:)

I'm going to transfer all the music out and format it, hopefully I can re-import it. Thanks for your help, I'll let you know how it goes.