Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start Up issue.

• Please log in to reply

SC10E

SC10E

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I start up Vista, it stays at the welcome screen for a good 30 seconds now, (Before was about 3-5) and then doesn't run explorer. Instead, it opens my "Documents" folder.

I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then run explorer in the new task option under File.

I have no idea how to fix this. Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Have you made any changes on your computer? Have you experienced any problems with pop ups, viri, or other malware?

Once you start explorer does everything work ok?

SC10E

SC10E

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nope, no changes lately, and no problems with spyware or malware that I know of.

Once I start explorer, it works fine, but sometimes while I browse folders it will crash and have to restart.

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
It sounds like you may need to update a driver or you might have installed incompatible software.

What, if any, errors is eventviewer reporting?