Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Turtle Beach Montego DDL "zapped" my computer

• Please log in to reply

10sguru

10sguru

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I just attempted to install Turtle Beach's Montego DDL sound card on my XFX Mach4 KT400ANB motherboard and now I am getting a posting error. One long beep followed by two short beeps. Is this a coincidence or did the installation cause a conflict because now the computer won't even boot up (WXP Pro SP2). Also I did disable the onboard audio in the bios setup prior to the installation. I am fairly knowledgeable about computers but I am in serious need of some professional Geek help. Thanks.

Advertisements

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Hello 10squru,

Be sure the computer is powered down and unplugged and try reseating your video card. One long beep followed by two short is usually indicator of a video problem.

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 27 October 2007 - 11:21 AM.

10sguru

10sguru

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey JTS,

Wow that was a fast reply. I was just coming back to the site to post that I did a little more research on the beeps and as you said, check the video card. Some how I must have "fat thumbed" the seating of the video card when installing the sound card;reseated and all is well. I am attempting to install this card on computer #2 to make sure it isn't a DOA because computer #1, which is a Biostar M7NCD motherboard also with on board audio that is running WXP Pro SP1 would not recognize it. In the Turtle Beach control panel when I try to launch it I get an error message that says could not find a DDL device. I will report back and see what I may need to do to computer #1 if in fact computer #2 to recognizes it. Stay tuned and thanks so much for your input.

10sguru

10sguru

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Well actually got it to install but after reading the fine print discovered that this card isn't compatible with WXP so it will be going back.

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Hello 10squru,

You card is Turtle Beach's Montego DDL sound card. This should be compatible with xp.

Here is a link I found on known issues.

Here is a second link with more support info.

Here is third link on proper uninstall/install of driver

Hope they may be of help.

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 27 October 2007 - 01:43 PM.