Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop not booting

• Please log in to reply

Deviatorz

Deviatorz

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
My laptop recently failed to boot up this week. Whenever I start up my laptop (tablet), it loads the BIOS splash screen like it always does, but this time it remains on the splash screen and does not continue to boot from HD. I am running a windows XP tablet edition. I do not get a F8 option to go into safe mode, therefore I think it may be a problem with the HD?<<<===========*Problem Fixed*

[New Problem]
It seems that I have to wait a long period of time before my OS will boot. Normally it would take only 10-15 seconds for the the BIOS Splash screen to disappear, but now it takes a very long period of time. Also as I hit F12 during the BIOS splash screen, it takes a long time to give me the booting options. Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

[Still require help on, thank you]
Also before my laptop failed, I wanted to format it but I don't how I could. I don't have a optical drive installed, however I do have a external optical drive. But then I think the BIOS does not support booting from an external device through USB. My tablet's using Phoenix bios v1.03. Does anyone know if I can boot from my external cd rom drive? I tried it and it's a no go; it just kept booting to XP.

I googled some solutions, but the people with the similar problem I have all have the "safe mode" screen option.

Thanks in advanced.

Edited by Deviatorz, 27 October 2007 - 02:28 PM.

Advertisements