Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop Boot Issue

• Please log in to reply

Tonofun77

Tonofun77

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have been running XP on my home desktop that I built a few years ago, and has been running perfectly until a couple days ago. When I turn on the power, the monitor immediately shows a series of characters in vertical colums (It looks like the Matrix...seriously). It shows this for a minute or so while XP loads, then the monitor loses the signal completely from the desktop. I initially suspected the monitor may be faulty, but I moved my tower into the living room and connected it to my HD TV and witnessed the same matrix when booting. I'm not sure where to even begin to diagnosis the problem. Does this sound like a video card issue? Processor? Hard drive?

Please help!!

Thanks,
Ryan

Advertisements