The configuration of system is given below:
System Model: Aspire SA80
Bios Version: Phoenix Technologies, LTD R01-C2
Available RAM Memory: 1.25 GB
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition, SP2,
Processor: Intel Pentium4 CPU 3.06GHz
Unfortunately however I recently bought an AGP Card (ATI Radeon 9250 128MB DDR AGP version) to use. The serial number of the ATI AGP card is 200204079311 (However try as I may I have been unable to locate the manufacturer of the AGP Car either on the card itself or on the card packaging)
I have been unable to get the AGP card to work on the system. Everytime I try to install the drivers for the AGP Card, the systems installs SIS related files. This is rather confusing. Also The official ATI Driver (Catalyst Driver) that I try to install for the card does not recognise the card, despite the fact that Windows itself wrongly installs SiS 315 drivers everytime I attempt to install the card.
Also note that my Bios recognises the card as having AMD Video BIOS during bootup. Also I have confirm this on the card itself the VGA BIOS on the card is an AMD Bios. However I have been unable to confirm the actuall identity of the Graphics chips because the heat sink is glued to it.
1. Please how can I resolve the above problem.
2. SIS support doesn't exist as far as i know and the Acer Support simply can't solve the problem
3. The onboard SIS 661Fx graphics is useless for what I want to use it for, hence it is important that I get this ATI Radeon 9250 working on the system.
4. I unable to disable the onboard graphics card either via removal, shifting or addition of jumper (because there is no jumper anywhere to disable).
5. I have already checked the bios of the system and I cannot find anywhere in it where it allows one to disable the onboard graphics card.