Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have no idea what my daughter did,

• Please log in to reply

nonosma

nonosma

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
but, for some reason there is no red on my monitor. I tried resetting the color on the monitor, tried resetting the color on the graphics cards and tried to do many other stupid little things trying to fix whatever the heck she did to the computer. Could someone help me to figure out what it was she did? The green and blue is starting to give me a headache!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Barring any actual problem with monitor or video card, you might check the video cable connection or replace it with a known good one.

Ron

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Hello Nonosma,

I am not sure I will be much help, but I think if you can provide a little more information, someone here will be able to help you figure it out.

What kind of monitor do you have?
Can you do a screenshot and post it here? (so we can see exactly what you see)
Is it just a color change, or do you also notice an entire "theme" change?

PsychPosse

nonosma

nonosma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
just a color change. I have a dell monitor. She said she was playing the sims 2 and that while she was playing the color changed. She says she didn't touch or change anything.

nonosma

nonosma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Ummmmmmmmm, how would I check the cables? where would I look for that?

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
By chance, is the game still running?

nonosma

nonosma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
nope...checked processes is it off!

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It sounds like just a random failure on the part of the monitor or the PC and nothing that your daughter did explicitly. The first thing to do is to connect the monitor to another PC to see where the actual problem is. You didn't tell us what kind of monitor it is, is it a CRT or flat screen of some sort?

nonosma

nonosma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
flat screen 17 in dell monitor

Danawar

Danawar

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
If it is the first time she has run sims it would be that it changed the computer to a difrent resolution or color settings that was not compatible try resettiing the setting on the apperence settings, if not try a system restore if that does not work reset moniter in settings to defult. if still insucselsful check the lead from card to moniter, if none of that works your card may have died =(((( also as it says above try connecting moniter to a difrent computer and try connecting a difrent moniter to your computer.

Edited by Danawar, 28 October 2007 - 01:11 PM.