Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SVCHOST

• Please log in to reply

ste0102

ste0102

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
hi i need help on this please on windows task manager, on applications there is a file saying SVCHOST and i dont no what it is or what it does, i have also i file on my C: windows called My shares and when i delete this it comes back and i dont no what to do about it. i think these might be the same will u help me please

Ste :tazz:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
SVCHOST is an integral part of xp and should be left alone IF it's the genuine one: http://www.neuber.co...vchost.exe.html

'C:\Windows\My Shares' is not a default Windows XP folder (at least, I don't have such a folder) It's been created by some installation -- probably a file-sharing application. If the filesharing application is still installed, that's probably why the folder keeps getting created. Uninstall it's application and the folder should not come back.

ste0102

ste0102

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
i have deleted the p2p networking program and it still comes back on i think there it is still installed and there is files in the registry files

please reply

ste