Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

burning avi file in Nero Burning ROM

• Please log in to reply

paulsiam

paulsiam

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
i am new to Nero, and to burning movies. Very primitive! I have a movie in avi format. I have a DVD-RW. I have nero Burning Rom version 7.10. Can I burn this file to the DVd and then play it on the DVD player? How to go about this? I tried using the "Nero Start Smart" but by the time I get to the burn button I always get the error message "Transcoding of videos failed." What to do?
Thanks
paul

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
First you need to convert the AVI file to a format that will play on a DVD player (eg mpeg2 or VCD) -- Nero cannot do that. Nero can burn the AVI to a CD/DVD "as is" but that won't play on a DVD player. You need an application which can convert the AVI file and create a playable DVD, such as "ConvertXtoDVD" http://www.vso-softw...nvert_x_to_dvd/

paulsiam

paulsiam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
thanks for this clear answer. I will get convertXto DVD and give it a try!

pacho65

pacho65

• Pip
  • 2 posts

First you need to convert the AVI file to a format that will play on a DVD player (eg mpeg2 or VCD) -- Nero cannot do that. Nero can burn the AVI to a CD/DVD "as is" but that won't play on a DVD player. You need an application which can convert the AVI file and create a playable DVD, such as "ConvertXtoDVD" http://www.vso-softw...nvert_x_to_dvd/

you can actually get a dvd player that plays divx and you can burn more than one movie in s dvd