Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

scsi bios not installed

• Please log in to reply

koko_crunch

koko_crunch

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,751 posts
Hello again,

I checked for the temps using everest but there was no temp sensor for the scsi hdd. It only had motherboard, cpu and ide hdd temp which are similar to yesterdays reading. I also tried speedfan again and it still showed 111 temp for scsi.

What tool should i use?

thanks... :)

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Try HD Tune:

http://www.hdtune.com/

If that doesn't give you a temp for the scsi drive either, then you can probably assume that nothing else will either. To be honest, nothing I've used has ever given me a temperature reading for my scsi drive, so your's may well be the same. If that is the case, then I really wouldn't worry too much about the Speedfan reading. Everytime I run Speedfan, it tries to convince me that my +12V power rail is only supplying 8V....DOH

koko_crunch

koko_crunch

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,751 posts
8v :)...

will try hd tune and get back to you. Thanks.

koko_crunch

koko_crunch

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,751 posts
Hey Samm,

As you predicted, hd tune didn't show any temp reading on my scsi hd. I guess as long as temps on the mother board, cpu, chasis are within acceptable range, i shouldn't worry. That's it then...

thank you for the time and effort...
Thank you very much!

koko

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're very welcome :)