Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes

• Please log in to reply

Aurv

Aurv

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi everyone, I have a little problem with iTunes and my iPod Shuffle, hope someone can help me fix the following problem.

My computer has recently been infected by malwares, which with the help of this forum, was fixed. But now, the battery of my iPod shuffle can not be charged as everytime I open iTunes and plug in my iPod shuffle, the following message occurs;
"The software required for communicating with the iPod is not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes to install the iPod's software."

So I tried to reinstall iTunes again, but when I double click on the installation file, and wait for a while at the Windows Installer, an error message would occurs stating;
"The Window Installer Service could not be accessed.
This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed.
Contact your support personnel for assistance."

So can anyone help me fix this? Thank you very much.

Advertisements

Aurv

Aurv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Also, I can't seem to install this;
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

I was trying to install a program, it tells me that I need the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0, so I went ahead and downloaded that, but it seems that the Window Installer isn't working which prevent me from installing this as well.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well, based on your history, I think that doing an xp repair would be the best option. That way we can get a large number of things fixed up front and can deal with any leftovers after its been completed.

We have an excellent guide on how to do this:
http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

If you have any questions please let me know.