Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Camcorder DVD-R disk error in finalising

• Please log in to reply

oceanauk

oceanauk

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum - but I made a holiday disk using my camcorder and when I came to finalise the disk - there was an error. I now cannot play the disk in either the camcorder (Panasonic VDR-M53) or on my laptop or in a dvd player.

Can I use any software at all to access the data which is still on the disk? I can see it's been burned and it is not scratched or damaged in any other way. I had two other disks which finalised ok and work fine.

Any ideas please??

Many thanks

Advertisements

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Hello oceanauk,

Do you see any data on disk via computer? Put disk into the computer- open my computer- right click on dvd and choose explore. The other two disks which finalized are these copies? Here is a link to freeware cd/dvd recovery software.

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 28 October 2007 - 07:48 AM.

oceanauk

oceanauk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thank you for your response!! No I cannot see any data on the disk as my laptop will not even load the disk. I am currently trying some software called CnW Recovery - which does seem to manage to "read" some of the disk. Whether it will save any data I'm not sure as it's a very long process. The other two disks that finalised were also DVD-R disks from my holiday - I need to use the camcorder to finalise the disks before I'm able to play them in a DVD player. So they work fine - there was just an error with this particular disk during the finalising process within the camcorder! Will have a look at the software link you sent too. Many thanks.