Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet

• Please log in to reply

thephreak989

thephreak989

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ok I am using a netgear router, My main is on Vista and the other compuer is xp. I got this router few months back, I hooked this sob up and everything was
nice and dendy. I havent used my other computers in maybe 3 months before that everything was fine the internet worked without a problem ext. Ok today I try
to hook up the computers up and the internet don't work on the second comp even though it says connected. I tried everything reseting, ip config ext, it says the computer is getting internet , my main comp has internet and the other computer it says connected and it dont have internet. My problem is I am not getting any internet on the second computer even though it says it is connected. On my main computer I noticed it says, Ipv6 connectivity: Limited Ipv4 connectivity: Internet, maybe that is the problem? I dont know, also whenver I go to network sharing and view computers I have a residental gateway , I right click on it and say enable, and when I do that on the other computer it says, internet connected but yet agian It isn't still working. Can anyone please help me out, this is driving me insane.

Thank you

Daniel

Advertisements

thephreak989

thephreak989

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ok I got to the point figured out where on the other computer it says , connected, sending and receiving. Everything says connected on each computer but still no internet on the other computer. Also both connections say, local and internet but when I go to status I still get limited on one.

Thank you

Daniel

Edited by thephreak989, 28 October 2007 - 10:48 AM.