Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ei guys, I need your help. I badly needed to install adobe after effects on my laptop, however, it says that the minimum requirements is Intel Pentium 4 but my notebook has an intel celeron M. Can I install adobe after effects? and also, after effects recommends multi-processing but I don't know if my notebook supports multi-processing. Here are the specs of my notebook...

Gateway MX6124 - Celeron M 370 1.5 GHz - 15.4" TFT
Manufacturer: Gateway Inc.
Part number: MX6124
Product Short Spec:
Processor: Intel Celeron M (1.5 GHz)
RAM installed: 512 MB DDR II SDRAM
Weight: 6.2 lbs
Display: 15.4 in TFT active matrix
OS provided: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Chipset type: Intel 910GML Express

I hope you reply to me as soon as possible. Thank you very much

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
System Requirements for After Effects:

# ntel® Pentium® 4, Intel Centrino®, Intel Xeon®, or Intel Core™ Duo (or compatible) processor
# Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (certified for 32-bit editions)
# 1GB of RAM for DV; 2GB of RAM for HDV and HD
# 3GB of available hard-disk space plus 2GB of space for optional content (additional free space required during installation)
# 1024x768 monitor resolution with 32-bit video card; Adobe recommended graphics card for GPU-accelerated playback
# For OpenGL support: Adobe After Effects supported OpenGL 2.0 card (NVIDIA recommended)
# DVD-ROM drive
# QuickTime 7.1.5 software required to use QuickTime features
# Internet or phone connection required for product activation
# Broadband Internet connection required for Adobe® Stock Photos* and other services

It should be installable but it may not run all that well.