Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My PC logs into Administrator instead of Main User

• Please log in to reply

silentarts

silentarts

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Is there any way to fix this problem? I ended up disabling the admin account, but it still tries to log in every time.

What advice can u give?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
That one I have never come across before, silentarts. One thing you could do is give the Administrator account a password. That will force the login screen to appear every time you start Windows, showing all the available user accounts and from where you can log in to the account you want to use.

silentarts

silentarts

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Ok. I decided to temporarily use the Admin account as my main account, eliminating the problem.

Thanks anyways...

Wierd though...

silentarts

silentarts

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
I know what i can also do....

Use the account that i created, and disable the admin account.

But then i will have to click a username to get in....Most likely there is only one, so is there a setting to get the pc to automatically choose a name and log in?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Press WinKey+R, enter control userpasswords2.
Check the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" checkbox then click Apply then OK.
Press WinKey+R, enter control userpasswords2 again.
Uncheck the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" checkbox then click Apply.

When you do this another window will open where you can enter the userid (and password if there is one) of the id you want automatically logged on when you boot XP. Click OK and you're done. Next boot, the userid you selected should be automatically logged on.