Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Publisher to Openoffice.org

• Please log in to reply

binsch

binsch

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Basically im working within publisher and my friend is on a mac and i want to be able to show him what i am working on without having to convert it to pdf each time. Also i would like to have him to be able to edit the file. I figured Openoffice.org would be a solution but i am not sure if it can support the .pub file. Also if not is there a way to convert the file to something Openoffice is compatible with. Lastly if still the answer is no, what application of openoffice has the same or similar qualities with that of publisher (EX: if i wanted to start a new design from scratch in openoffice which program would i use.

thanks for your help
-ben

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Publisher files are only openable by Publisher. Publisher files are not even backwards compatible, therefore if you make something with Publisher 2007, for example, Publisher 2003 will not be able to use it.
OpenOffice has no built-in software that does the same job as Publisher, however a list of (mostly commercial) pieces of software can be found here: http://en.wikipedia....ishing_software - these may or may not be able to work with your existing Publisher files.

Edited by Neil Jones, 28 October 2007 - 01:09 PM.