Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP not recognizing anything plugged into USB ports

• Please log in to reply

james01

james01

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently moved my computer from one room to another. I know that I pluged everything in exactly as it was before. Now it won't recognize anything pluged into a USB port (There are six). I have tried pluging them in and checing them one at a time. I have moved each item around so each devise has been in each port. I have booted and rebooted so many times I have lost count. All these devices worked great in the other room. (The computer gets stuck on the blue HP Invent screen and will sit on it for hours until someone physically unplugs the unit, so rebooting can be a nightmare.) How would switching rooms effect USB port devices?

also what does the folowing mean.....

"The specified I/O operation on /device/hardisk2/DR4 was not completed before the time out period expired." This message has popped up several times, once when windows was trying to start (which of course it didn't).

We have run a virus scan hoping that was the problem. There was one virus found and deleted, but it did not help.

What is going on? All I did was switch Rooms.

Advertisements