Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista 64bit won't load reliably

• Please log in to reply

Wizeguy525

Wizeguy525

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Everyone,

My hardware is listed in my profile if you wish to see it. Basically I looking for some advice to this problem I'm having.

I use Vista 64bit and after I shut my PC off, when I go to turn it back on, I get the message windows shut down incorrectly last time, how to I wish to proceed, etc. I select Start Windows NORMALLY.

All appears to be ok, the progress bar shows up and has the green thing moving back and forth to indicate Windows is indeed loading, HOWEVER, the green indicator STOPS, and nothing happens indefinately.

My only way to solve this issue is to powerdown my PC by holding the power button down, and after it is completely off, i have to REMOVE THE POWER cord to the Power Supply unit.

I know this method is very odd, but that's what I have to do to get it to boot up successfully after I plug the power back in, turn it on, and select start windows normally, it'll only work if I do the removal of the power cord to the PSU first.

Any ideas as to Why this is happening? How can I isolate the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements