Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't allow access to links

• Please log in to reply

PinkAddict

PinkAddict

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have Windows Vista and my computer is barely two months old. Whenever I used to open a link or acces something on the control panel my computer screen would go dim and would open a box that says [this window is attempting to access the internet allow/don't allow?]. Now when it does that the screen just goes dim and the box never pops up and my computer freezes. I'm super frustrated because it is a brand new computer.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! :)

thanks!

<3
Kay

Edited by PinkAddict, 28 October 2007 - 11:06 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
New computers should have some means of 'recovery' to put it back how it was when you bought it. Either a 'recovery cd' which you boot from, or it may be you have to press a certain key as sson as the PC is switched on. That's your best option -- a full recovery.