Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! My Computer Died!

• Please log in to reply

iseeballerpeople

iseeballerpeople

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok so.... one day when i was going to go on my computer to check my email suddenly my computer won't turn on...sort of
all the lights are on and the fan turns on but the monitor wont show the starting and also if i leave it for like 30 mins it still has both the red and green lights but usually when my computer worked it only has the green light on after like 4 mins.
I have no clue where to start fixing
if anyone can help please do!
:tazz: ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You should hear a series of 'beeps' from the PC speaker which can help in tracking down the cause. One short beep is normal. Anything else means trouble. Is it one long beep, two short and one long? The actual sequence of beeps (and what they mean), differs depending on the maker of the BIOS.
This will either be Award, AMI, or Phoenix.
Read this:http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/

iseeballerpeople

iseeballerpeople

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
There aren't any beeps :tazz:

iseeballerpeople

iseeballerpeople

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts