Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with driver install after XP repair

• Please log in to reply

mlwjackson

mlwjackson

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
I had to do a repair install to try to fix a problem with a realtively new system (AMD x2 +5000, MSI K9NBPM2-FID, 2GB Corsair RAM all other components integrated). Upon booting I get the new hardware found dialogue saying that it has found "NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller". A minute or two later I get a dialogue box that says that the software that is attempting to install hs not passed windows logo testing. I tell it to go ahead anyway. Then I get the message to insert the CD labeled SRCDATA (which does not exist) then it asks to be directed to the file nvatabus.sys. I cannot find that file anyplace.

The machine appears to be working properly except for an extended time between the time the background appears and the desktop appears (which I attribute to the "hardware found process" going on in the background). There are no yellow question marks or exclaimation marks when I check device manager. What is going on? Even if it is functioning properly this will drive me crazy every time I bootup. What do I need to do to fix this.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well you could go to the Nvidia website and download the latest drivers and install those.... that should solve your problem... or if you got a driver disk you could try loading off of that.

mlwjackson

mlwjackson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
I have tried to let the system located the file on the driver/utility disc that came with the mobo but it fails to do so. What I have noticed is that when I insert the disc it behaves somewhat differently that when I inserted it during the most recent repair process. I wonder if the problem is because the system will not automatically replace an incorrectly installed driver with the proper driver from the disc.

I went through the repair process when I built the system because the original mobo died. The installation was flawless that time.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Well you could go to the Nvidia website and download the latest drivers and install those.... that should solve your problem... or if you got a driver disk you could try loading off of that.

well as I said try the website....