Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

text problem in photoshop

• Please log in to reply

boydphoto

boydphoto

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
i have cs2. windows xp. recently most of my fonts are faded and jagged looking. help! thanks, boyd. PS: the option of regular, bold, italic, etc is greyed out.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Open Word or WordPad and check if the same problem exists there too. If it does, it's caused by missing or corrupted font files, nothing wrong with Photoshop as such. If you have a regular Microsoft XP CD (not a proprietary recovery disc), a 'repair' install will at least restore the default Windows fonts. Fonts that were included with other applications (eg Office) may need a re-install of that application.

http://labnol.blogsp...t-problems.html

Edited by pip22, 29 October 2007 - 01:44 PM.

boydphoto

boydphoto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
thanks, pip! i appreciate your time. alas, the fonts are the same in word pad so i will get a friend with more it experience to help me do a repair. sorry i am so late getting back to you. thanks,boyd.