Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AIO Printer problem

• Please log in to reply

jezh5

jezh5

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey, I'm currently having a problem with my All in one printer, model 922 from Dell.
The paper got jammed when I was printing something out. I managed to remove the paper. Afterwards I pressed the off button and then reopened it again. Once i pressed the open button, it made a rolling noise, as if it were expecting to take in and emit paper. An error would come up saying that there was still a paper jam in the printer, when there wasn't any. It would tell me to close the printer and try again. The same thing would happen again.

What should I do to fix this problem? :)

Thanks in advance,

Jen

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
These are usually caused because the paper ripped while it was inside the printer and you were pulling it out. Murphy's Law dictates that the piece of paper left behind is sitting on the paper sensor therefore the printer thinks there is a paper jam.

A potential solution to printer problems is the same solution as that given to solve issues with Etch-A-Sketch toys: Pick it up, turn it upside down and shake it. :) Obviously don't drop it... :)

jezh5

jezh5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

These are usually caused because the paper ripped while it was inside the printer and you were pulling it out. Murphy's Law dictates that the piece of paper left behind is sitting on the paper sensor therefore the printer thinks there is a paper jam.

A potential solution to printer problems is the same solution as that given to solve issues with Etch-A-Sketch toys: Pick it up, turn it upside down and shake it. :) Obviously don't drop it... :)

Ah...although it was rather fun to try...no such luck. I don't think there's a piece of paper in it...at least i don't see it. Any other suggestions? (the printer is quite heavy). Thank you for responding to my problem! Much appreciated :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Is there some sort of utility function to clean the printer head? Other maintenance utilities you could run? You should be able to find these on the product manual, this may help. :)

jezh5

jezh5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Is there some sort of utility function to clean the printer head? Other maintenance utilities you could run? You should be able to find these on the product manual, this may help. :)

I didn't try your suggestion...but the printer is working again! http://www.fixyourow...s/printer/27922 I went here and found the answer to fixing it. I tried the one that Jon said. It was the little hook thing inside the printer. The rolling noise stopped and it doesn't say there is a printer jam anymores! :) Thank you for all your help you two! I really appreciate it!

Feeling happy again! :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Thanks for letting us know! Glad it's working again :)