Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lime wire, avg,yahoo messenger dont connect,update

• Please log in to reply

itryed2

itryed2

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
yahoo messenger,limewire dont connect,and any virus protection dont update,i can browes the internett fine ,i turn off my firewall and i still cant connect,please help

Advertisements

Matt T

Matt T

• PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
When did this start to happen? Have you made any changes to your computer just before this started to happen, or downloaded something - maybe a program?

~Matt

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
hi,blade helped me get a bunch of mallware off my computer,it was running fine after for about 4 days,then 1 day i noticed my virus protection was blinking.it said update failed.i tryed to update again same thing,then i tryed to access yahoo messenger,it doesnt connect,niegher does lime wire,i delletted my anti virus and downloaded avg it doesnt update,so my comp is not protected,it seems like a firwall but i have turnd off my windows firwall two and still the same.my post is under cant access control panel,if u would like to take a look at what blade has helped me with.i have kids too so maby they messed with something they werent suppose to,and my computer is running realy slow it took me 4 minuts to get on this site.please help,thanks

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.